Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July


July

We celebrated the 4th of July by racing at Mt. Shasta. They had a 5 mile race and a 2 mile walk. I ran the 5 miler and Aaron did the 2 miler with Grace. The course was really fun. They had live music the first two miles. There were different groups every quarter mile or so. They also had lots of food samples from restaurants and shops to grab as you went by. I had a really hard time with my race because of elevation and heat. The race started at 8:30 and it was really hot. A ton of people had sprinkler attachments on their hoses and were spraying us down as we passed. That was really nice. When I was finished I called Aaron, but they hadn't finished their 2 mile walk yet, so I waited by the finish line for them and took their picture. 

This race had the most amazing prizes. Their grand prize in the raffle was a brand new 2017 car! They also had ski passes, bikes, snowboards, restaurant gift cards, and local shop prizes. We were super bummed we didn't win anything, but we did buy a snow cone and that is almost as cool. 

Aaron had to work later that day, so I decided not to do fireworks just in case the dogs went crazy and ate the house or something. Aaron got to watch them from the roof of IN N OUT on his break and said they were pretty good. We only heard a few little pops from our house, so it was the best 4th of July I've ever had with the dogs. They didn't even try to climb on my face this year. 


One of the entertainment groups. They were singing and belly dancing for us.

We ran over a highway and had a clear view of Mt. Shasta

Aaron and Grace jogging it in

Yay!

Everyone thought Grace was adorable! I guess she was picking some wildflowers and Aaron said about ten people asked to take her picture because she was so cute. Thanks Celi for the outfit!

Cherry lime snowcones

The lake was just too tempting to pass up and it had beautiful views of Mt. Shasta too.



df




Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment