Friday, April 7, 2017

La Jolla Cove

 

La Jolla Cove

Dad, Chuck, and I went and snorkeled La Jolla Cove again. This time it was really calm waters and it was the most beautiful day I had ever seen there. The sea lions thought so too. They were everywhere; swimming, diving, and playing. As soon as we got in Dad popped his head up, and a sea lion popped his head up right next to him. They talked for a few seconds, and the lion went on his way. I turned to rest on my back for a second, and there was a sea lion right behind me. I screamed, and it took off pretty fast. I didn't mean to startle it, but it startled me first. They were too fast for the camera though, on our way back Chuck and I were swimming together and two jumped out of the water like synchronized swimmers. I said, that was cool, and Chuck asked if I got it on camera. I said nope, just the splash. I was trying to take a picture of two playing together and Dad came up behind me and grabbed me. I almost peed my pants. He got me good. 

Uncle Chuckie


Daddio

Dad and Chuck swimming into the cave

Their attempt at an underwater selfie


As we were swimming, Dad mentioned this was where he had seen the sharks. The water was too murky to see anything. Freak you out much? As we were swimming out, Dad saw this tiny crack and decided to swim out there. The waves were crashing in and out, and I didn't have fins, so I took the main entrance. Chuck followed me. Dad got smashed into the wall and cut up his arm and his foot pretty good. So now there were sharks in the water and Dad was bleeding. haha. We decided to get out of there.

Made it out

Two sea lion fins after they had jumped out of the water

Garibaldi fish

As we were snorkeling, I popped up and noticed Dad was trailing the entire kelp forest on his mask. I yelled at him and he came up with seaweed everywhere. haha. As he was tearing it all off, his snorkel got tangled and sank to the bottom with all of the kelp. Oops. He had to swim back maskless.



We had a blast swimming around.

No comments:

Post a Comment