Wednesday, April 5, 2017

January 2017

January

Each year we create a blog book of all of our activities. It's fun to watch Grace grow, and see what we've done with our year. It makes me so thankful and grateful for our lives when I see all of our happiest memories written down. Even the bad stuff never seems so bad when it is in the past. Last year's book was so hard to put together because I didn't keep a blog. Hence my 2017 New Year's Resolution to keep a blog once more. Yes it is already April, but I'm doing it, right?

January was Gracie cuddles, babysitting, playing games, and gun cleaning. I had temple shutdown, so Aaron had to be a single parent for a while when I was working during the day. I felt so much more comfortable being in charge of people during shutdown, and I loved meeting all the new people. I'm really amazed at how willing people are to serve and how easy it is to work with them. My friend Karen came up to me one night and asked if I was wearing a wedding ring. I said I was and showed her, and she said someone in my group had asked if I was married or seeing someone. Haha.

Malina, Debbie, Cheryl, Dawn, Camille, Pam, Karen, Allison, Carla, and me


Araceli gave us a gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings for Aaron's graduation. We made ourselves sick eating some disgustingly good man food and watching sports.



On Sunday, Araceli and Justin invited us and Renee and Nick over for some fun and games. We had dinner and donuts and played Telestrations. It was a hilarious game. We got to love on little Westin, and Grace jumped all over Justin. We love game nights!



Our friend Sarah was having some really bad stomach problems, so we came over and watched Owen and Ava a few times so she could take a few naps. Grace loves their fun backyard, and she has become very attached to Ava. She also loves to make messes and helped herself to some Honey Bunches of Oats on the couch. 


 Lowes! Aaron decided we better fix up the rest of our place for Mom and Dad. Grandpa would have been so proud of Grace driving Jimmie Johnson's race cart around Lowes. Her favorite thing was riding the cart that we picked up our tile on. She was so cute.


Aaron and I painted all the closets, storage areas, baseboards, the bathrooms, and the laundry room. Then he took out the toilets, stripped the floor, and replaced it with tile. It was a ton of work pulling up the glue, and replacing the water damage, but it looks so good now! 





Aaron's safety glasses, and Gracie helping Aaron put in the spacers.



Putting in the grout


FINSIHED!


Aaron also filled in some of the cracks on the patio, sealed it, and painted it. It looks brand new.





No comments:

Post a Comment