Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Valley of Fire


Valley of Fire

The last time we went to the Valley of Fire it was our anniversary and we hiked to the Fire wave. Because I had such low blood pressure, my heart was working overtime and my heart rate was about 150 just walking. Since I've had Grace, I've never felt better, so we decided to go back and see some of the rest of the park. It was so much fun! Grace did great hiking around in her sling. We saw Arch Rock, Elephant Rock, the Beehives, the Cabins, and Atlatl Petroglyphs. We could have hiked even longer. There was so much to see. The Valley of Fire is a beautiful area! 

Arch Rock




The Beehives





 Atlatl Petroglyphs

We have been in Las Vegas for 8 months and every time we have gone hiking I've asked if we can go somewhere with petroglyphs because I had not seen any in real life. Every time something has gone wrong. Either we couldn't find them, we hiked the wrong spot, or we decided to go somewhere else. At last! I finally saw my petroglyphs and they were awesome!

88 steps to see them on the face of a sheer cliff



The cabins
These cabins were built in the 30's and used by families. They are only about 8' by 8' with a little wood burning stove. I can hardly imagine living in a room that size let alone a house with a family.

They blend right in with the rocks



Look at my little smiling princess




After the cabins we drove to 
Elephant Rock







How time flies when you are having fun! 
We will have to go back and do the rest of the hikes another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment