Thursday, June 29, 2017

May


May

 My sister Becky is always posting these fun pictures from Paint Nite, and we have wanted to do one so bad. They look like tons of fun. But because we are such cheapo's, we went to Walmart and picked up $1 canvas, a bottle of Martinelle's, and some strawberries. We used Grace's finger paints and pillaged my craft bag for other paint and paintbrushes. So we didn't really dress for success here. Nor did we think we really needed a teacher, I mean how hard could it be?

We picked an image out on google and tried to replicate it. Aaron was really excited. Even though he had never touched paint before, he was confident his would be better. He was like, "We are going to put them on Facebook as A and B and who ever gets the most votes wins." Ice cream sundae's were on the line.


This is the picture we were trying to paint


 Mine is on the left and Aaron's is on the right. He got so frustrated everything was going gray and his sun looked like Simba from the Lion King. He literally got up and walked away at one point. I was laughing to hard. Even though mine looks like Asparagus growing. Needless to say, next time we are going to try Bob Ross on Netflix. haha. And we did NOT put them on Facebook.

Grace's painting

Aaron has wanted to make bread for the last year. Like he has seriously been thinking about it forever. He finally picked up some bread flour and yeast and went to work. After all day of working on his loaves, they came out beautiful. And I realized after eating homemade bread with butter and strawberry jam all day that I legit have a gluten intolerance. I figured this out as I sat on the toilet getting rid of said bread all night long.



Grace walking the puppies. She has fallen in love with Kodi and Sadie more and more everyday. She insists on giving them lots of hugs and kisses each day. She is in charge of putting the poop bags in the garbage and helping feed them each day. She takes her jobs very seriously.






She loves the slide!


I started biking a few times a week, and because I bike right behind Justin and Araceli's house I have recruited Justin and Araceli to come with me a few times.







For Mother's Day, we went to Home Depot and found a few succulents for me to plant and then we went out for frozen yogurt. Being a mom is hard work, but I love it. I felt pretty special. 



I went through my rocks and found a vase to put them in. I let Grace, A.J., and Summerlin come and paint a few.






No comments:

Post a Comment