Friday, June 30, 2017

Ice Cream Festival


Ice Cream Festival

I was super bummed when Aaron had to work during the Ice Cream Festival because I really wanted to go. It's at the Spring's Preserve and it only costs $5 to get in and includes as much ice cream as you can eat. Fortunately for me, our downstairs neighbors were going and they said they would love it if we would come with them. They pretty much adore Grace.

We started with a butter pecan cone and quickly followed up with a chocolate and vanilla cone. Grace pretty much loves ice cream more than she loves life. She might have made a little bit of a mess, but she ate every bite of hers.


A.J. and Summerlin 

They had a craft to make ice cream cone confetti necklaces. Grace played with tissue paper and I made ours. Albert and Karen laughed at me because apparently I was pretty intense at making it perfect.


Finished product

We also did some face painting. Grace got a rainbow, I got a sun, Summerlin got a rainbow with flowers, and A.J. got a pokemon ball.

Root beer floats

We looked at the butterflies and ate even more ice cream. They had carnival games you could complete for a prize. Grace didn't get the ball even close to where it should go, but she did all the games so she picked a pink ball.


 It was really hot, so the ice cream was great until it was too hot to even want it. I probably drank a gallon of water. Grace didn't think like me, she out ate me by an ice cream cone, root beer float, and popsicle. It was a hit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment