Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Color Run!

The Color Run!

I\ love 5k's! I love running! My husband loves me. So when I want to do a race really really bad, usually after a day or so of begging on bended knee he will give in and do it with me. But this time when I asked him to do this race with me, he said yes immediately. (Miracle or Progress?)

The Color run is the happiest 5k on the planet, but unfortunately everyone else thought so too. There were 15,000 participants! Holy Crow! We had to wait an hour before we even started the race, but they did have loud music and zumba going on to distract. It was one of the better races I've run. I tried to count the people I passed for Dad, but I'm just going to round up to thousands, because it was impossible to keep track. It was like playing the frogger game in real life. There were 4 color stations you had to run through: Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green with people throwing cornstarched color all over you. Super fun!


Jennifer Harlos did the run with us. All of my work buddies did too, but no one brought their phone because they didn't want it to get oobered, so we couldn't find them.

At the finish

 The best part was the party at the end. We jammed in with about five thousand other people and danced and jumped and hollered and sang. At the crux of each song everyone would throw open a color packet and rainbow colors flew all over everyone. By the end we were color coated. The end song they threw buckets of different color into the air. Not a good idea, I had black boogers for like three days.

Party!

Jennifer dancing

Both Jennifer's dancing

After Aaron and Jennifer got a packet of green and yellow thrown in their faces



The very end

We had color everywhere! I was so naive to think it would just wash off. I took three consecutive showers and scrubbed off nearly all of my skin and I still had a purple armpit, a green back, and black toes. Aaron couldn't get his off either so we both went to work looking like crazies. Worth it? Yes, yes it was!

2 comments: