Friday, July 5, 2013

Bird Ridge

 

Bird Ridge

Aaron and I were both dying while we were on vacation because last summer it was all doom and gloom and about 45-50 degrees and raining--the whole summer! While we were gone they had a heat weather warning out because it was going to be 80 degrees. We were just so bummed we were missing out on the good weather. But when we got back, we still had three weeks of wonderful weather before it started raining. We didn't want to jinx it, but we wished it was cloudy on this hike. We were sweating like crazy!


Starting out! Kodi is such a good listener. We don't need to have her wear a leash because she comes at a full run everytime you call her.


Beautiful views of Turnagain Pass

These faces crack me up! We tried to get a cute picture but they were just panting so hard they wouldn't sit still. ha ha. I love a worn out dog. The hike goes straight up the Chugach Mountains. When I say straight up, I mean straight up---we gained 3500 feet really fast.

There is a good one!



We sat down and had lunch on the rocks




Looking down. This group of school kids nearly kicked our booties on the way up. We were just competitive enough not to let a couple of ten year olds beat us up.



Kodi thinks she is a lap dog




On the way back down we found a field of wildflowers we had to take some pictures with.





Aaron got some macro shots of the flowers

Forget me not


I'm so glad we were able to get out and enjoy the hike together. Our work schedules are mixed up so my days off aren't when Aaron's days off are, so poor Aaron had to run to work right after this. I love hiking with my hubby!







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Heat wave at 80 degrees, huh. That makes me laugh. It was 122 degrees in AZ the other day. I guess I'm glad I live in AR now. Although today we had a heat wave warning here for 95 degrees plus humidity. Love you Jenny benny - keep the posts a comin'. I'm so behind on my blog that it makes me sick to think about having to update it. :( but I need to.

    ReplyDelete