Saturday, July 20, 2013

Salmon fishing

Salmon Fishing

Aaron and Russell went fishing at the Kenai where 200,000 fish were running through that day. I had to work so I was jealous. I guess they were surrounded by grizzlies. About every half an hour they had a grizzly swimming by or walking by where they were fishing. Aaron said there was one about five feet away at one point, but they would all clap their hands and yell and it would walk off. People were catching their limit all around them, but Aaron and Russell just ended up snagging a whole bunch of fish. You have to catch them through the mouth to keep them. Here is Russell with a snagged fish.



Yesterday Aaron went out to check his luck in town and five minutes in caught a Humpy. So the pinks are running in Girdwood right now. He brought it home and ate it for lunch and put some in the fridge for me labeled, "For Jenny From your favorite fisherman". He's too cute. We went out today and had about five each on the line and I ended up with two that we released and Aaron ended up with one. My first Alaskan salmon!


Fish one

Fish two


The dogs and I climbed part of the mountain and got some cute pictures of them on the chairlifts.





Love these wildflowers!

1 comment: