Wednesday, May 14, 2014

April

April


Bird Ridge

Bird Ridge is a strenuous 5 mile hike straight up and down. It starts at sea level and with some nasty switchbacks and little boulder scrambling ends at the top of a narrow ridge with 360 views of majestic mountain peaks. It's right around 3,500 ft of elevation gain with a phenomenal view of the ocean the whole time. It's sort of a killer because you think you will have reached the peak about seven times only to get to the top and see another peak waiting. Me and Hannah were in a time crunch so we didn't make it up, but the top is def. worth the hike. I would hike for longer to see such amazing endless mountain peaks. I went once with Hannah at the start of April and then again with Lauren at the end of April. I love my spa girls. It sure looks like springtime by the end of it.


We ended at the top of this peak. Beautiful views but still very slippery and muddy. At one point I slipped on some ice and if Hannah had not grabbed me by the top of my pack I'm sure I would have kept tumbling down the mountainside. Might have been an easier way to get down. 

Pretty skies



The end of April left most of the mountainside bare, but we found some snow at the very top.



Incredible views at the top


Kodi was on top of the world

Endless peaks

Lauren

Happy Day!

Eklutna Lake

After watching a few people take a spill on the ice, we decided to follow the path that travels 16 miles to a glacier. We will be back in the summer for some camping here. It's set in a beautiful valley. We threw sticks for the dogs and they were in heaven. A lovely little get away.









Conservation Center

This is one of my favorite places! I am a complete animal lover and can sit there and watch these guys all day. Nelson the moose came over and chatted with me for a bit, and we watched the Grizzly bears eat. The Easter Bunny came and let the kids throw decorated Easter Eggs to the bears. They loved it.




Me and my buddy Nelson






Aaron got this amazing pic of one of the Bald Eagle's in the barn. The lighting was perfect for him.

 We were lucky enough to see some Moose in our own yard a couple of days in a row. I had just come back from running and was walking up the stairs when I spotted these two. They walked within just a couple feet of us. So magical.

Momma



Baby

Dawson's Wedding

Dawson is one of my spa girls. We got pretty close through hiking, an emergency hospital ride, and some seasons of Vampire Diaries. I'm so happy for her decision to get married in the temple. I got to help pick out her dress and she looked absolutely stunning. Watching her get sealed reminded me of my own wedding and it brought a little tear to my eye. It was a beautiful ceremony and I hope they will be happy together in Virginia. They just got a puppy so they are already starting their family. :)

 Anchorage Temple: It is pretty small

Branch members

Aaron, Drew, Russell, Samantha, Jennifer, and Jennifer








No comments:

Post a Comment