Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back in AK

Mossburg 500

We want to do a lot of backpacking and camping this summer so we decided we should probably get a gun for bear safety purposes. We thought about bear spray, handguns, or shotguns and we really set on getting a Rugar or Glock handgun but settled on the Mossburg 500 12 gauge shotgun. It's super easy to load, we don't have to worry about jams, and you don't have to be super accurate when aiming which I'm sure facing down a charging bear I wouldn't be. We still would like to get the Glock 20 someday but we will settle for what we can get right now. 




We shot buckshot and it was fine, just a little kick, but Aaron wanted to test out the bear slug that we had bought for those just in case moments. He tried it and convinced me to try one as well. It hurt so bad! I might still have a bruise on my shoulder! I yelled at him and he said he knew I wouldn't have tried it if he told me it hurt. Little punk. We had a picnic out there by the water, and as we were hiking back found that the tide had come up and had to strip to our underwear to get across. Yikes.










Spa girls

Jamie took off for home and held a little bonfire get together so we took pictures of all the girls.




We had a party out at the flats with some other friends the same day.



Date night at Jack Sprats. Yum! Aaron always gets the ribeye and I get the Dol Sot Bibimbap which is a kind of stir-fry. Super delicious!





1 comment:

  1. You guys are crazy!! I don't know if I could ever strip to my underwear to cross a river...lol! I would probably just...wait. Awesome gun, too!

    ReplyDelete