Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hiking to Hope

Hiking in Hope

Hope is directly across the Turnagain Arm from us, so if we had a boat we could get there pretty quick, but we had to take the long way around. We heard of an excellent camping area at the end of Hope. It was a six mile hike in to Gull Rock which is a small peninsula out in the gorgeous wilderness of Alaska. We decided not to camp, but I don't think we quite realized we would be hiking 12 miles and left late in the day. We got back to our car at 11pm and barely had enough light in some of the overgrown areas. We were lucky to get back in time! 


Me and the pups- I am totally wearing clothes!


Beautiful views of the ocean


And gorgeous wilderness. Some of the areas were so overgrown it reminded me of Little Red Riding Hood and the spooky woods. I was always glad to see the sky again.


Waterfalls



There were a lot of dead trees from beetles. They swayed and creaked in the wind. It was spooky.

The end of Gull Rock




A coastal paradise


Ocean waves

A beautiful fun hike that made Aaron curse my name the whole way back. I forgot to tell him it was 12 miles. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment