Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon

It's been years and years since Aaron or I have been to Bryce Canyon. They were having a groupon for a one night stay at one of the hotels up there so it was more than half off. We asked Aaron's photography driven sister if she wanted to go too and she said YES! Kodi is a registered ESA service dog so she got to stay in the room for free. Mom watched Sadie for us (and it was too much anxiety for her she was sick for a whole week after-so not worth it) and we all went up to Bryce Canyon.

Chilling in the room

Kodi with her vest on. She is really well behaved when she is wearing it, but still got spooked by an Indian statue and growled at it. She is too cute.



We went out to dinner and then went up the canyon to see where we wanted to do some sunrise pictures in the morning. 

There was some snow, and it was really cold. It was only 6 degrees outside. Melissa froze!


Our Ford coming through an arch


Catching the sunset. I love these two photographers!

We hadn't really planned on a trip to Bryce, so we didn't really pack for it. I couldn't believe how cold it got the higher we went. I didn't realize we were at nine thousand feet either!

Kodi loved the snow! She has always liked it, but it was so funny to see her play in it after so long without it. She went a little crazy. The canyon was awesome because there was hardly anyone around. Sometimes it pays to go in the off season.

We got up super early to get some sunrise pictures of Inspiration Point. It was so beautiful! I wish we could have done some hiking, but this girl could hardly breath thanks to the little bun in the oven. Just walking up the stairs would make me have to sit on the ground until the black dots swimming in my eyes left. I felt bad for grounding Melissa and Aaron, but they got some great shots anyway.

Melissa and the sunrise

How cute are they!

Kodi

Kodi was my partner. She loved hanging out, but she doesn't have much patience with photography. Since I don't have a real camera we made good partners.

Melissa

Brother and sister

Inspiration Point




Benched


I cried when I saw these photos later because I looked so fat. I love how logic doesn't play in any part of a pregnant mind. We were only wearing everything we owned. That's two pairs of pants, two sweaters and two coats. Of course we ALL looked like marshmallows!


I loved this arch



Thor's Hammer



We saw a ton of wildlife too. We saw three bald eagles, lots of deer, and two herds of the mountain goats. I guess they are overpopulated right now so the park is full of them. It was a fun trip! I'm so glad we were able to take a mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment