Friday, July 4, 2014

June

June Happenings

So I started this summer weight loss challenge with Heather because I thought it would be fun. Fun-I'm not really sure why I always think that because about five minutes into my diet I always want a snickers. I'm a candy girl. I have a sweet tooth. I can't stop eating sugar! I know cuz I've tried. I should probably just start drinking sugar water because I crave sugar and those cravings don't go away after a while. Don't let people lie to you. Everything else on the list except drinking the 80 oz of water, I was already doing so I thought we would have this challenge in the bag. Especially because Heather is just as competitive as I am when it comes to challenges likes these. Anyway overall I lost 15 pounds, that I almost immediately put back on as soon as I could have smores again and was looking good. We got third place by less than three points and second place wasn't even one point above us it was so close, but I won first in the individual category so I was happy. I was in first place the whole time and thats the way I like it. lol. Kodi helped me stay in shape and get my hours of exercise in. She does the long runs with me while I'm training for my marathon and she bikes, hikes, and walks with me too. She also swims, but I you won't see me in that water!

A bike/run session with my friend Lauren and Kodi led us out to Portage lake and back. Right around 14 miles and Kodi takes it like a champ!  



We regularly steal my primary kids and take them fun places. We've taken them to an indoor waterpark, the movies, and this time to the Conservation Center. It's one of my favorite places.



Watching the black bears



Teagen threw stick at this black bear and it grabbed it with its teeth. I was so embarrassed and quickly took him to the side and said you can't throw things at the animals. I wanted to tell everyone around us who was glaring that he wasn't mine. haha.

They loved the fox!






While they were feeding the brown bears, we had about six wild eagles swinging in to find leftovers. It was amazing to see them at work. Aaron got some great pictures of them.




Denise, one of the spa girls, was moving back home when she found out she was pregnant so we threw a baby shower for her before she left even though she was only in her first trimester. It's the only baby shower I've been to that everyone got plastered on champagne and vodka and smoked pot in the next room. A little different than the norm. One of the girls actually bit me she was so excited about baby clothes. lol. I love my crazy spa girls though! Jess was so thoughtful about decorations and brought ginger beer for me and Denise who weren't drinking. Jess knows how to party!


Most of the time I feel really guilty exercising without the pups in tow, but sometimes it's nice to just have me time. I took my bike to work and decided to go on a bike ride around town that turned into a 30 mile bike ride to Indian and back where the bike path ends. The wind was really blowing on the way back but its all about enjoying the journey and it would be boring without a little challenge, right? 






Mostly through June we went on trips around Alaska on our days off. We finally hit Denali and Homer and a little bit of everything in between. More posts to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment