Saturday, October 12, 2013

Zombie Half Marathon


Zombie Half Marathon

I love running! I've been so bummed about my messed up knee that I haven't been able to run in a month (except marathon day). But I had already paid for this race and I really wanted to get out and do it, so I decided I wouldn't race and risk re injury, I'd just jog and if I needed to walk. Half marathons are my favorite race, they aren't too long but they are so much fun. This one was a Halloween one so we had a ton of people in costumes and a lot of zombies. I wish I would have dressed up!

Right before the race

I didn't know we could take dogs on the trail! This zombie runner had a zombie dog. He was holding a calve and foot with a runners tennis shoe on it. he he he. So adorable!

We saw three moose, two on the trail where I was running and one on the way in.
This guy was about five feet off the bike path, and when I snapped his picture he started running towards me and I thought I might be a goner. He was just headed toward a patch of grass right next to the bike path.

Running to the finish. I took it nice and easy and listened to Disney songs the whole way. My fastest mile was mile 12 at 8:55 and the last mile was all up hill! I hate it when they do that! They also measured the distance wrong and we had to run an extra half mile. I also hate it when they do that! lol. I averaged 9:58 min miles and finished strong with a 2 hour 14 min time.

I did start with a shirt, but it was so bloody hot I took it off half way through. Sadie Kodi and Aaron met me at the finish line.

My knee is a little sore but I didn't retear anything

The course was all on bike paths accross Anchorage. About 7 miles right next to the ocean and the rest though yellow trees and around lakes, ponds, and rivers. So beautiful! Aaron played photographer and played fetch with the dogs while he waited for me.



 He got some cute duck ones!





3 comments:

  1. You rock cutie! I wish I loved to run like you do. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me SO jealous. :) I wish I could run right now. I guess I will live vicariously through you. ;) So proud of you, Jen. You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to your knee? Glad you were still able to do your race! You are smoking hot by the way!!! Wow! Good job!

    ReplyDelete