Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Skiing




Spring Skiing

I've decided spring is my favorite time of the year. We've had more sunny bluebird days in February and March than we've had all year long. It is gorgeous outside and though it is still only in the 20's and 30's the sun makes it feel so much warmer. We've been skiing in tank tops and t-shirts and the whole town is in a happy mood.




Moose Meadows is our favorite spot to go skiing. Sadie will often be found flicking the snow up with her nose and grabbing mouthfuls here and there. She is an excellent skiing partner. When I can get Aaron to go, he's a great skiing partner too.




Isn't he such a hottie!?!

Who doesn't want to go skiing through the enchanted forest?



Sadie's coat has grown out quite a bit to get accustomed to the Alaskan climate and she looks better than ever. She's such a pretty puppy, and such a good poser for her mom. I don't where I could find a better exercise partner!


It's fun to see all the fun creations out of snow. Snowmen, snow dogs, and snow caves. The Meadow dog mushers come out here to give people rides around the meadow and to practice with their dogs. It is too fun.




Sadie and I did a really hard and long ski out to Winner Creek. It was stunning. I also crashed really good and strained a tendon in my knee trying to avoid running into my dog down a hill, so this picture is extra special. She usually gets out of my way, but she was more interested in playing with a lab to pay attention to me until it was too late. Bummer. I get to play gimpy leg for a little while.




The sun has come out for these long days again. The first picture is from our backyard. I opened the curtains and felt the sun in the living room for the first time since Sept!!! I grabbed Aaron and we did a little happy dance in front of the window. The second is walking home at 9pm! It was still light outside!!! I love these long days.


1 comment: