Friday, January 18, 2013

January


January

Aaron decided I really needed to learn how to downhill ski. I wasn't that excited about it, but I agreed to give it a try as long as we did a class together. Jamie, another massage therapist at the resort, wanted to take a lesson too and joined us. Our instructor was really up in your face and very intense. I think I would have done better had he just show us the basics at let us learn on our own. I was most scared about the chair lifts. I really really didn't want to get off and land on my face. No worries. I didn't. We just did Chair 3 and Chair 7, but once you conquer Alaska's mountains, I've heard you can ski anywhere. We also learned on the ice, so we now apparently can ski in any weather. 


Our instructor was helping to guide me down the steeper section. I wasn't so great with the turning on the steep section. I kept over turning and then going down the hill backwards. ha ha. Aaron and I both fell down once on the steep section. I loved the gradual downhills where you didn't need to do the slow turns. I liked going really fast. Jamie has absolutely perfect form. I wish we had gotten more pictures!


Cross country skiing is still the best. Sadie slipped on the ice and hurt her wrist again, so we did a trail that didn't allow dogs. It was intense! We trekked up these huge hills and then slid down them. Most of them had blind turns and about three turns to a hill. Aaron kept laughing because I would get going really fast and then forget how to turn in panic. Still the best time we have ever had! Justin might have killed himself on this trail. Sometimes we miss him doing stupid stuff.



Aaron thought I needed a picture to show off how much snow I'd collected on my falls. Punk. At least we had powder so none of the falls hurt.


Aaron showing off the pretty scenery. We love having the light again! Well other than it wakes us up in the mornings. It's so fun to be outside and actually see it. I even got a sunburn when we went downhill skiing. Things are looking up!


2 comments:

  1. It is really pretty there! I am so glad you are learning to ski. It makes winter so much more fun. Your Dad loves skiing--they used to go up every Christmas morning when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous there! So glad you learned how to ski. I love it. Craig is IN LOVe with it. He used to be a ski instructor. He would live on the mountain and ski everyday if he could.

    ReplyDelete