Friday, February 5, 2016

Winterfest

Winterfest 5k

The winterfest is turning into a family tradition. Becky and her boys came this year too because dad gave them all shoes to start running. It was quite the roast, Becky forgot all of their clothes, so mom and dad had to raid the house for sweaters because it was so cold.

They have you race for snowflakes and then you get in line to get a gift. I got frozen yogurt and Aaron got a t-shirt. Mom and Dad both got $50 giftcards for gas, and the boys all chose gatorades.



Carter started running really hard and was in the lead of the race...for about 5 seconds. Each time I would pass him, I would say "First place" and he would pick it up to pass me again. He was finally pooped about a half a mile from the finish and fell behind. Hunter was right behind me finishing and Dad and Taylor ran together. Aaron and Grace, Becky, Ryker, and Mom all walked it in.




Dad and I ended up getting medals. Dad got first in his age group and I got second in mine.



Carter was in a really tough age group 11-20 so he didn't get a medal. I let him take a picture with mine and then the little ones wore it all day and lost it. ha ha.



No comments:

Post a Comment