Sunday, August 18, 2013

Skinny Raven Half Marathon


Skinny Raven Half Marathon

Skinny Raven half marathon again this year. 13.1 miles...again. I was so worried about it even though I've been training for the marathon and have completed 18 mile runs, because last year it was so hard for me. This time I rocked it! Last year I was exhausted after running, and could barely walk but by the end of this one I was practically skipping to Aaron exalted at my time. I ran 15 minutes faster than last year. 15!!! That is a LOT when it comes to running. I completely surprised myself because I had been running around 10 minute miles, but during the race I started with an 8:50, got down to a 8:15, and ran 9 minute miles the whole way through. My average pace was 9:14 per mile and I didn't stop once (even though I really wanted to up a big hill near the end). Woot woot! Hopefully my marathon is just as awesome!

Right before the race started, it was drizzly and cool, Aaron dropped me off and went to church while I was running the race.

Right after finishing, waterlogged shoes and all
Thankfully Aaron came 15 minutes early so he was able to watch me finish after waiting 3 minutes.
Doesn't this picture of Aaron rock!!!! lol. I'm not sure what he was thinking!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jenny! I am so impressed! I can barely run a mile. Lol. BTW.... That picture of Aaron had me dying laughing. Lol

    ReplyDelete